Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Tom Yum Goong
This is my family favourit soup of all time - Tom Yum.
1 cup Evaporate Milk
4 cups Chicken Stock
8 sliced Galangal
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves ( Tear from centre)
2 stalks Lemongrass, bruised
100g Oyster Mushroom, Halved
10 Green and Red Chilli Padi, Bruised
3 Coriander roots, bruised
3 bunches Fresh Coriander Leaves
5 pieces Garlic ( bruised with skin on)
5 pieces Shallots (bruised with skin on)
3 tbsp Tom Yum paste
3 tbsp Lime juice
2 tbsp Fish sauce
1. Bring the stock to the boil.
2. Add galangal, kaffir lime leave, coriander roots, lemongrass, garlic, shallots.
3. Quick boil over medium heat for abt 5 mins.
4. Add tom yum paste, oyster mushroom and prawn.
5. Boil for a few mins.
6. Add the evaporate milk and simmer for 3 mins.
7. Add fish sauce, lime juce, chillies and test.
8. Garnish with coriander leave.( optional)
Posted by Cecilia Yap at 12:24 PM 1 comment:
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Open Pineapple Tarts
Close-Up Pineapple Tarts
100g Milk Powder
100g Castor Sugar
700g Plain Flour ( can use Hong Kong Flour or Cake Flour)
3 Egg Yolk
1 Egg White
1. Mix butter and sugar and beat till white.
2. Add in milk powder, eggs and flour. Mix well.
3. Take a small piece dough, flatten it.
4. Put in pineapple paste and wrap it.
5. Egg Wash.
6. Bake at 160 degrees celcius till golden brown.
Egg Wash - 2 eggs + 1 white to egg wash.
The process of making the pineapple fillings
6 nos Pineapple
600g Rock Sugar
1/4 tsp Cloves
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/2 lemon juice
1. Grate the pineapple and drain the juice.
2. Cook the pineapple till dry then add in sugar.
3. Cook over low fire till all the water evaporates and the pineapple does not stick to the side of the
Posted by Cecilia Yap at 2:02 PM No comments:
Friday, February 1, 2013
500g Semi Hard Butter
280g Condensed Milk
3 tsp Rum
150g Plaing Flour
1 tsp Mixed Spice
20 Egg Yolks
2 tsp SP
10 Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tar tar
1. Preheat Oven to 200 degrees celcius. Warm up a 9 inches baking tins before greasing and lining
paper only at the bottom of the tin.
2. Cream butter, condensed milk and rum at maximum heat till creamy.
3. Add in the sifted flour and mixed spice. Mix well and set aside.
4. Whisk egg yolks, sugar and SP at maximum speed until thick and add in the butter mixture.
5. Whisk egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar at maxium speed until stiff.
6. Fold the egg white into the egg yolk mixture until the the two mixtures are well mixed.
7. Spread a small amount of batter abt 100g on the warmed baking tray and bake until golden brown.
8. Increased the oven temp. to 240 degrees celcius at top heat only to bake the second layer of cake
onwards. Continue baking the cake by the layers until the batter uses up.
Posted by Cecilia Yap at 2:00 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)