Blood Orange Tart
Tart cases can be purchase from Phoon Huat ( sweet and crispy)
Melt 50g Valnoral chocolate and brush a layer onto the tart case. Refrigerate.
Filling ( for 30 tarts)
you need Blood Orange Curd
100g Caster Sugar ( can be reduce or add a few drops of lemon juice)
2 tbsp Blood Orange Zests, finely grated
2 large egg ( abt 60g per egg with shell)
2 large egg yolks
5 tbsp freshly squeeze blood orange juice
75g unsalted butter,
1 gelatin sheet, soaked in ice bath.
1. Combine sugar and orange zest in a bowl and rub with your fingers till the sugar is ornage and
imbued with the fragrance of orange zest.
2. Whisk the orange sugar, eggs and egg yolks together in a heat proof bowl.
3. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk continuously for 15 secs or until sugar
4. Whisk in orange juice.
5. Stir until the curd thickens, abt 5 to 10 mins.
6. Once thicken, take the bowl off the heat and strain its contents into another bowl.
7. Let the strained mixture cool for 10 mins, stirring from time to time. before adding the butter.
8. Whisk the butter piece by piece, Once all the butter has been added, whisk for another min till the
texture is homogeneous.
9. Add in softened gelatin and mix till gelatin has dissolves.
10. Press a sheet of plastic wrap against the surface of the curd to prevent a skin from forming.