Vietnamese Style Lala
- 1 kg lala clams (rinsed and washed thoroughly to remove mud, sand and grime)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (hammered with the flat side of a knife to bruise it) then sliced.
- 5 cm ginger ( chopped finely)
- 3 garlic (chopped finely)
- 5 to 10 bird’s chilli padi (cut lengthwise, remove seeds to reduce hotness)
- 1/2 to 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in wok. Add shallots, ginger, lemongrass and chilli padi.
2. Stir briskly until shallots just starts to brown.
3. Add lala clams and stir well. Add 1/2 to 1 cup water and close the lid of the wok allowing water
to reboil. Stir occasionally until lala clam open up.
4. Add salt to taste and sprinkle the parsley and dish up. Do not overcook the lala clams or they will
5. Serve hot with steamed rice.