Chocolate Macadamia Nuts MuffinsIngredients
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (preferably unsalted), chopped coarsely
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate
chips into a large bowl.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
5. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and macadamia nuts on top and then
bake for 20 mins or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.