Bak Kwa is popular in Singapore and Malaysia where it is usually eaten druing Chinese New Year. This is my first attempt making this and am quite satisfy with the result.
Recipe Source: Sonia
450g Minced pork (at least with 10% fat)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark carmel soy sauce ( can replace with dark soy sauce or kicap manis)
1/8 tsp Chinese five spices powder
1 dash of pepper
1/2 tsp - 3/4 tsp salt to taste
2 tbsp honey
1. Put all ingredients in a big bowl and start mixing them with a pair of chopsticks. Blend and stir the mixture in one direction unti lthe meat becomes gluey. Store in fridge for several hours.
2. Spread the marinated minced pork thinly onto the baking tray (using fingers to spread)
3. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160 degress for 20 mins. Remove from oven, increase the oven temperature to 240 degrees.
4. Wait to slightly cool, cut into your desired size and shape using pizza cutter in the same baking tray.
5. Grill (top heat only) one side at 240 degrees for 10 mins, remove from oven, flip over another side,
adjust oven back to 240 degrees and grill for 7 mins or until golden brown with slight burnt.
6. Once done, let it cool.