I love seafoods and prawns are one of my favourite. Trying out something different by coating the prawns with noodles. I had something quite similar while in Bangkok and so give it a try.
Deep Fried Prawns Rolled with Noodles
- 1/2 lb fresh prawns
- 1/4 ib long life noodles (mee suah)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander roots
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Some sesame oil
- Cooking oil for deep frying
Sauce - orange marmalade, ketchup, fish sauce, lime juice & lime skin
- Peel the prawns, leave the hard tail flap, remove the dark vein.
- Pound the coriander and garlic till paste is formed.
- Matinate the prawns with the coriander & garlic paste, black pepper, salt and sesame oil for at least an hour.
- Soak the noodles with hot water till soft and drain.
- Wrap the shrimp with the noodles till the shrimp is covered. Repeat with the balanced prawns till all are covered with the noodles.
- Deep fried in hot oil till the noodles are brown & crunchy.
- Drained and served with the prepared sauce.