Spanish Paella is one of my favourite foods. I did 2 versions: one with Ssusage and the other without sausages.
Recipe source: Jas Schaap @ ICCS
1 tbsp olive oil
1 diced onion
1 garlic crushed
2 tsp Sweet Paprika
2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chucks
1 red or yellow pepper.
3 pcs Sausages ( optional )
250g paella or risotto rice
1 litres chicken stock
16/20 large prawns
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 mins until soft.
3. Lower the heat, allow the pan to cool. Now add the paprika and turmeric and stir for 2 mins or till aromatic.
4. Add the sausages and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add the peas and cook for 45 seconds.
6. Add the rice and stir for a minute. Then change to medium heat and pour in the chicken stock, mixing occasionally.
7. Cook for further 20 mins until rice is almost cooked, the season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Arrange the prawns on TOP of the rice and add the chunky tomatoes.
9. Cover and cook for 5 mins it till prawns change colour.
10. Sprinkle with the parsley, lemon wedges and serve.