Recipe Source: Zoe@bakeforhappykids
Custard Fillings ( makes about 300g)
25g Butter, soften
60g Caster Sugar
3 Egg Yolks, roughly beaten
1 tbsp condensed milk
1/4 cup / 60ml coconut milk
20g all puropose flour
15g custard powder
10g tapioca flour
- Beat butter and sugar until light and combined.
- Add egg yolks one at at ime and beat until combined.
- Add in condensed milk, cream and coconut milk.
- Sift flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture and mix till combined.
- Pour the mixture to a container and steam over medium heat for 25 mins with stirring every 5 mins.
- Set aside for mixture to cool.
- Knead mixture until smooth. Wrap custard in cling wrap and chill in fridge until required.
- Mixture can be kept in the fridge up to a week before baking.
Make about 24 mini mooncakes
90g icing sugar
1 egg, roughly beaten
220g all purpose flour
35g custard powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg gradually and beat until combined.
- Sift flour, custard powder and baking powder into the butter mixture until incorporated.
- Using your hand, mix mixture together and combine them to form a dough.
- Wrap dough with cling wrap and let it rest in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Divide dough portion according to the mooncake mould size.
- Press dough into mould and press firmly to form the shape.
- Remove and place on baking tray.
- Brush with a tin layer of egg wash.
- Bake ate 160 degrees for 25 minutes.
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp milk
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe