Recently Blueberries are on sales in the supermarket. It was so tempting so I bought a few punnets too. This cake is light,fluffy and moist and the berries yogurt add a huge diffenence in this cake.
Recipe Source: Anncoo Journal
3 Egg Yolks
40g Corn Oil
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Natural Yogurt ( I used Meiji Mixed Berry Yogurt)
80g Plain flour, sifted
Lemon Zest from one lemon
4 Egg Whites
1 punnet / 125g Fresh Blueberries, Sprinkle some flour on it
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar and oil together, mix well with a hand whisk. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and yoghurt into it, mix well and till smooth. Sift in the plain flour and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites till frothy, gradually add in sugar. Continue whisk egg whites till stiff peak but not dry.
- Fold 1/3 of egg whites into the yolk mixture. Then pour in the rest of the egg whites and fold gently until combined with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into 9 cupcake liners to half. Place blueberries over it and spoon remaining batter to 3/4 full and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Bang the baking tray together with the small cakes on the counter top 2-3 times once they are straight out from the oven, as this will prevent the cakes from shrinking. Leave cakes to cool before consuming.