I love these cute & adorable moonies. They don't need any filling and are easy to make too. Love the taste after resting it for a few days. Though I am not a big fan of moonies, somehow I am in love with these cuties. They are good as gifts for friends and relatives.
Recipe Source: Joceline
Yield : 28 pieces x 30g
350g Flour, sifted
230g Golden Syrup
100g Peanut Oil ( I used Knife Blended Oil)
5g Alkali Water
150g Lotus paste ( I omitted this)
1 egg yolk + 1tbsp milk (sifted)
Chocolates or Black Beans
- Mix the Oil with Golden Syrub and Akaline water until well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour and mix to a dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 2-3 hours till you press it won't stick to your finger.
- Divide dough portion according to the mooncake mould size.
- Dust flour in mould, then knock out excessive flour.
- Press dough into mould and press firmly to form the shape.
- Remove and place on baking tray.
- Preheat oven at 160c and bake at 10-12 mins at middle rack.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool (about 10 mins). Apply egg wash evenly.
- Continue to bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown.