Traditional Baked Moon Cake with lotus fillingIngredients
75g Plain Flour
75g Hong Kong Flour
105g Golden Syrub
1 tbsp Alkaline Water
27g Vegetable Oil
For Egg Glaze: 1 egg yolk with 1 tsp water
Flling: 1 kg Paster + 100g Nuts / Seeds
All Nuts / Seeds must be baked at 170 degrees celcius for 15 mins)
1. Mix the Oil with Golden Syrub and Alkaline Water.
2. Fold in the flour and mix to a dough.
3. Rest the dough for abt 30 mins.
(dough must rest at least 30 mins but not more than a day)
4. Divide the dough according to the mooncake's mould size.
( for big mould I used 35g)
5. Place the filling into the dough and press it firmly to form the shape.
( filling I use 100g)
6. Knock the moon cake out from the mould and arrange on a baking tray.
7. Spray some water onto the moon cake.( only a little will do, too much the flower will gone.)
8. Bake at 200 degrees celcius for abt 10 mins or till light brown form. (using top and bottom heat)
9. Remove the moon cake from the oven, brush some Egg Glaze onto the moon cake.
10.Put the moon cake back to oven again, bake for another 10 mins or golden brown.
* Traditional Moon Cake have to wait 3 days later before consume.*
Piglet Moon Cake
Traditional Longevity Moon Cake