My friend from Sydney was back too and she missed some of the local cuisine here and butter cake was one of her favourites too. So I find some time to bake this simple orange butter cake for her to try. I was goggling for recipes and came across this wonerful recipe by mykitchensnippets. This is indeed a good recipe and I do love the texture too. Will definitely use this recipe again for my future bake.
Recipe Source: mykitchensnippets
227g Butter - room temperature
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs
Zest of an orange
5 tbsp of orange juice
1. Grease and line an 8" square baking tin.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the orange zest.
5. Slow down the mixer and slowly add in the flour. Finally stir in orange jucie. Mix until well combined.
6. Turn out mixture into prepared tin. Level out mixture at the sides but allow a shallow well in the centre. This is to enable the cake to level up evenly during baking.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.