I have a date with loaves today.
Bake 2 different variants - one which is plain and the other one the colourful one. Decide to keep the colourful version for my tea break with ice cream and for my morning breakfast, I am having it with butter and kaya.
Love these colours combination.
The top layer is not shiny as I forgot to prepare egg wash but it still had its naked feel.
Colourful Killer Toast.
Plain Killer Toast.
Not so shinning Top layer. At lest the cheese cover up the baldness
Delicious Killer Toast for breakfast.
Recipe Source: http://bakingintotheether.com/2015/11/10/killer-toast/
260g Bread flour
3g Instant dry yeast
160g-180g Egg + Full cream milk
30g Sugar (10g if making a salty toast)
2g Salt (6g for salty toast)
1. Mix all ingredients (except butter) together and knead till you get a silky and elastic dough
2. Incorporate butter and knead till window pane stage (crucial)
3. Divide dough into 3 portions, then roll out flat, swiss roll, and place into greased loaf pan
4. Rise till dough reaches double the size.
5. Egg wash the dough. ( I forgot to do it) but added cheddar cheeses.
Bake in preheated oven of 170°C at the second lowest rack for 45-50 mins, tenting bread with foil if it browns too quickly.