Recipe Source: Sonia
Coffee Butter Cake with Silvered Almonds & Cranberries Toppings
5 egg yolks (large)
230g cake flour
1tsp double action baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites (large)
Toppings - Silvered Almonds & Cranberries
I soaked the Cranberries for a few minutes with Rum to make it soft.
1. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold through the milk and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, and beat till soft peak.
4. Take one portion of the egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Slowly fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
6. Spoon the batter in a cake pan which line the base with paper and lightly grease.
7. Sprinkle Silvered Almonds and Cranberries.
8. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 55mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
* I took some batter mixture and mix with coffee mixture.
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host by Doreen of my little favourite DIY.