My first attempt baking this Lemon Madeline. I liked the taste very much.
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon, more to taste
1. Grease madeline tins and set in the freezer.
2. Hear the oven 200 degrees celcius.
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
4. Melt the butter, and stir in the sugar and honey.
5. Lightly beat the eggs, and temper them into the butter mixture.
6. Whisk into the flour to make a smooth batter.
7. Pour into the moulds and bake until the cake are puffed up, golden around the edges and cooked
through , abt 10 to 12 mins,
* Recipe is adapted from Laura Calder French Food at Home. *