Blueberry Crumble Muffins
Chocolate Crumble Muffins
Pear Crumble Muffins
20g Cold unsalted butter
20g Castor Sugar
20g Pastry flour or top flour
10g Ground Almonds
Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix with fingers untik mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
Refrigerate until needed.
120g Pastry flour or top flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Fresh Blueberries
50g Unsalted butter
40g Brown Sugar
30g Castor Sugar
60g Cold Fresh Whole Milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together twice.
3. Beat butter until soft and creamy. Add both sugars and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
Add egg and beat until well-combined.
4. Add one-third of flour and fold in with a spatula. Add half the milk and continue to fold batter
gently. Add another one third of flour and fold in, followed by the remaining milk. Add remaining
flour and fold through but do not over mix. Add remaining blueberries and fold in gently.
5. Scoop batter into cases until about 3/4 full. Top each muffin with 3 or more blueberries, then
sprinkle crumble topping over.
6. Bake for 25 - 30 mins or until muffins spring back with gently touched.
* Recipe adapted from: Okashi by Keiko Ishida Pg 146 Blueberry Crumble Muffins.*
* I have also done 2 other variants which I added the pears and the other chocolate.