Cereal Butter Cray Fish
¾ cup Nestum cereal (original flavour)
½ tsp salt
1½ tsp sugar
1½ tbsp milk powder1 kg Cray Fish
1 tsp salt
½ egg, beaten
1½ tbsp plain flour
vegetable oil for deep-frying
30 g unsalted butter (2 tbsp)
3 bird's eye chilli, thinly sliced
6-10 sprigs curry leaves
1. Thorughly stir ingredients for cereal mix. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle Cray Fish with salt. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Sprinkle with flour and mix till coated. Deep fried till just cooked.
4. Heat butter till bubbling and lightly brown.
5. Add curry leaves and chilli, Fry over medium heat until fragrant.
6. Reduce heat to low and add cereal mix and fry till lightly golden.
7. Add the Cray Fish and toss till well mixed.
8. Turn off heat as cereal turns fully golden brown.
9. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.