Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Tom Yum Goong
This is my family favourit soup of all time - Tom Yum.
1 cup Evaporate Milk
4 cups Chicken Stock
8 sliced Galangal
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves ( Tear from centre)
2 stalks Lemongrass, bruised
100g Oyster Mushroom, Halved
10 Green and Red Chilli Padi, Bruised
3 Coriander roots, bruised
3 bunches Fresh Coriander Leaves
5 pieces Garlic ( bruised with skin on)
5 pieces Shallots (bruised with skin on)
3 tbsp Tom Yum paste
3 tbsp Lime juice
2 tbsp Fish sauce
1. Bring the stock to the boil.
2. Add galangal, kaffir lime leave, coriander roots, lemongrass, garlic, shallots.
3. Quick boil over medium heat for abt 5 mins.
4. Add tom yum paste, oyster mushroom and prawn.
5. Boil for a few mins.
6. Add the evaporate milk and simmer for 3 mins.
7. Add fish sauce, lime juce, chillies and test.
8. Garnish with coriander leave.( optional)