This light and luscious Orange Sponge Cupcake make a delightul dessert after a heavy meal. I like mine to be served with a cup of Earl Grey Tea. It's really light and tasty and I love that it used both the rind and juice of one orange. And I love it been it's quick and easy.
Orange Sponge Cupcakes (香橙海棉小蛋糕)Recipe Source: Sonia
25g Corn Oil
35g Fresh Squeeze Orange Juices
3 Eggs (Large, cold from fridge
95g Castger Sugar
100g Top flour or cake flour
1/4 tsp fine salt
1 orange rind
1. Mix corn oil and orange juices together, set aside.
2. Mix flour and salt together, sift them twice, set aside.
3. Remove eggs from the fridge, add into the mixing bowl, add in caster sugar, immediately beat it till pale, thick and fluffy. The source is using KA mixer with balloon whisk, 3 mins at speed 8-9, 10 mins at speed 4-5, 2 mins at Speed 1-2, total time 15 mins) As I am using Kenwood, so I adjust accordingily.
4. With mixer running, add in orange rind, add flour spoon by spoon, the add in corn oil + orange juices, do not overmix. Remove mixing bowl, use a spatual to fold the batter till well combined.
5. Pour batter in a lined 12 holes muffin pan until 90% full. Lightly tap on countertop twice to remove air bubbles.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 25 mins at middle rack.