I love Earl Grey Tea and had wanted to bake this for quite sometimes back. Finally I squeezed some time to bake this and I love the taste very much.
Recipe Source: Okashi
70g Top Flour
10g Earl Grey Tea
5 Egg Yolks
20g Castor Sugar
60g Canola Oil
90g Castor Sugar
10g Corn Flour/ Rice Flour
5 Egg Whites
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Sift flour and earl grey tea together twice. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add water and canola oil and blend together. Add flour and earl grey tea mixture and mix untl becomes sticky. Set aside.
3. Make meringue. Combine sugar and corn flour. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add hald the sugar and flour mixture and continue beting for a few minutes, then add remaining sugar and flour mixture and beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks.
4. Add 1/3 of merigu to egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly, then add remaining meringue and fold to incorporate completely.
5. Pour batter into an ungreased chiffon cake pan. Place in the oven and bake for 40 - 50 minutes. When cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Leave cake to cool in pan.
6. Once cake has cooled completely, carefully run a knife around the sides of the cake to loosen it before inverting onto a wire rack.