This cake was done for my colleague birthday. She has been bugging me to bake for her after trying the Tiramisu cake that I baked for my the other colleague. How can I ignore her request when she has been helping us in our administrative work for my department.
200g Brown Sugar
200g Full cream evaporated milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten with fork
100g Plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp of rum (optional)
- Combine brown sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and butter in a sauce pan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Turn off the fire and keep warm.
- Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
- Sifth the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowel, then pour the egg mixture over the flour and stir till well mix. ( cake batter should be runny)
- Heat up the steamer.
- Lined and greased a 8 inch round baking pan.
- Pour the batter into the lined pand and place the pan into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Cover the steamer and steam over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Cool the cake in pan before turning our for further decoration.
70g Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
70g Whipping Cream
5 g Butter
Scald the cream and pour it over the Semisweet Chocolate.
Add the butter and stir until smooth
Pour onto the cake and chill the cake.
Strawberry, Rasphberry, Black Berries
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015
Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious