I love Durian Puffs and this recipe is a keeper. I did 2 batches, one with Craquelin and the other one normal puffs. I personally like the one with the Craquelin.
Recipe Source: Sonia & Irene
125 salted butter
5g brown sugar
250g eggs (5 medium eggs ), lightly stir
163g all purpose flour
1. Boil together milk, water, butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium high flame.
2. Remove from heat, using a wooden spoon, quickly stir in sifted flour until combined and mixture comes together into a ball. Return to low heat and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture leaves the sides of the saucepan and film forms on the bottom of the pan (3-4mins).
3. Transfer the dough to a clean mixing bowl and stir the dough till reach room temperature(no steam).
4. Gradually add in egg mixture and stir to incorporate. Mix thoroughly until desired texture.
5. Pour batter into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm piping tip. Pipe on a baking tray line with non-stick baking paper.
6. Bake at preheated oven at 190c for 20mins, then 5-10 mins (fan forced ) till golden brown.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
50g brown sugar
60g all purpose flour, sifted
1. Beat butter and brown sugar till light and creamy.
2. Add in sifted flour, mix to combine.
3. Keep in fridge to harden.
4. Place dough in between two sheets of plastic sheet, roll into thin sheet (1-2mm).
5. Cut into small square and place on top of the choux pastry.
100g non-dairy whipping cream
650g durian flesh
1. Beat whipping cream over high speed till peak form.
2. Add in durian flesh, mix well.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015
Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious