Chocolate Nutella Chiffon Cake
Recipe Source: Anncoo Journal
65g Hot Water
30g Valrohna Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp Nutella
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Egg Yolks ( 70g each)
30g Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
50g Canola Oil
50g Fresh Milk
90g Plain Flour (Sifted)
10g Corn Flour
4 Egg Whites
60g Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
- Mix ingredients (A), cocoa powder with hot water, add in 1 tbsp Nutella and mix till smooth, set aside.
- mix (B) ingredients together in a large bowl, egg yolks, salt and sugar, the add in (C) canola oil and milk. The add in (A), cocoa mixture and mix well with a hand whisk.
- Sift in (D) flour and corn flour and mix well.
- Beat egg whites with medium speed until you can see big bubbles, add in cream of tartar. Continue to beat until the bubbles become fine soft peak, gradually add in caster sugar and continue to beat until stiff peak. Change the mixer speed to lowest and continue to bear for 10 seconds. (this is to mimimize the air bubbles in the cake)
- Gently fold 1/3 of the beaten egg white into the egg yolk batter, use cut and fold mehtod until well blended. Then pour the batter back to the rest of the egg white and fold until mixture is well blended.
- Pour batter evenly into the ungreased chiffon cake pan. Gently bang the pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
- Bake in pre-heated oven on the lower rack, 160 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cooled.