I love having this kind of Milk Buns spread with Butter for breakfast over a cup of hot coffee or have it in my afternoon tea break chatting together with friends. This is my first attempt baking this and am quite happy with the bake.
Kopitiam Milk Buns
214g Bread Flour
128g Cold Full Cream Milk
2g Instant Yeast
92g Bread Flour
12g Cold Full Cream Milk
7g Instant Yeast
12g Milk Powder
1. Preheat oven at 160C
2. Mix ingredient A for 3 mins on 1st speed.
4. Ferment at least 4 - 5 hours or keep in fridge 12 - 16 hrs overnight.
5. Mix the sponge, dry ingredients & liquid mix on 2nd speed until like a dough.
6. Then add in butter, continue to mix until the dough is fully developed.
7. Divide into 50/60g portions and arrange into the baking pan.
8. Proof for 1 hour or until double size.
9. Bake for 20 mins or till golden brown.
10. Remove from pan immediately and leave on the cooling rack.