Recipe Source: Anncoojournal
Ingredients: makes 14
5 Egg yolks
40g Caster sugar
65g Canola oil/salad oil ( I used corn oil)
2 tsp Lemon juice ( I used lime juice)
130g Natural yogurt ( I used Peach Mango Yougurt)
130g Plain flour (sifted)
lemon zest from one lemon ( I used lime zest)
7 Egg whites
90g Caster sugar
95g Dried cranberries (cut to small pieces & sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp flour)
- In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar and oil well with a hand whisk. Add lime juice, lime zest and yogurt into it, mix well again. Pour in the flour and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites till frothy, gradually add in the sugar in batches, mix well. Continue beating till egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Use a hand whisk to mix 1/3 egg whites with mixture.
- Gently fold in the rest with a rubber spatula till well combined.
- Lastly gently fold in the cranberries pieces into mixture.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners up to 3/4 full evenly and bake at 180C for 15 mins, then lower temperature to 160 for another 20 mins or skewer comes out clean.
- Invert cake immediately on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.