This is a simple, easy to make snack which I saw it at Anncoo blog. I make some adjustments to the ingredients by adding minced pork and dried shrimps as requested by mum.
Curry Puffs is a very common snack where you can find it at most of the food stores. This recipe is easy as I don't have to knead any dough and all I need is the ready bought Puff Pastry.
Recipe Source: Anncoojournal (with minor adjustments)
Ingredients: makes 20
1 packet Frozen puff pastry, (only need large 5 pieces) thaw pastry in chiller for few hours before use
3 tbsp Curry powder
4-5 tbsp Milk
1 large Onion, chopped
1 tsp Sugar
3/4tsp Salt to taste
1tsp Chicken powder ( I did not add this)
Additional ingredients: 100g Minced Pork , 30g Dried Shrimps (pounded). 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped chilli and Parsley
1 beaten egg
- Wash potatoes and peel skin. Cut into cube.
- Add enough oil in wok, use medium heat fry onion and curry powder till fragrant.
- Add the Dried Shrimp and fried till fragrant followed by the minced pork.
- Add potatoes together with the seasoning and milk, stir fry well. Dish up potato filling and leave to cool.
- Place puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured table top and use a pizza cutter to cut pastry sheet into 4 equal square sheets.
- Put potato filling (about 1 to 1.5 tablespoon) on pastry sheet ,leaving enough border so that it can be folded over and sealed.
- Egg wash the border and fold the edges together. Then use fork press down the edges to seal the border. Place the potato puffs on a lined baking tray and egg wash the tops of each puff..
- Bake at preheated oven at 200C for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.