I make this cake for a pot luck dinner and my friends love it a lot. They said the sweetness is just nice and taste delicious and gave thumb up on this cake. This cake is moist, soft and chocolatie. The rum enhanced the flavour of this cake and I love it alot. I have decorated strawberry on top of the Chocolate Glaze and it look so pretty too. Overall this recipe is a keeper, simple and easy to make and taste yummy too.
200g Caster Sugar
200g Full cream evaporated milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten with fork
100g Plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp of rum (optional)
- Combine caster sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and butter in a sauce pan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Turn off the fire and keep warm.
- Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
- Sigth the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowel, then pour the egg mixture over the flour and stir till well mix. ( cake batter should be runny)
- Heat up the steamer.
- Lined and greased a 8 inch round baking pan.
- Pour the batter into the lined pand and place the pan into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Cover the steamer and steam over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Cool the cake in pan before turning our for further decoration.
70g Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
70g Whipping Cream
5 g Butter
Scald the cream and pour it over the Semisweet Chocolate.
Add the butter and stir until smooth
Pour onto the cake and chill the cake.