Trying a different taste. Instead of pork, I used chicken instead. This pie is very rich as I added home made cottage cheese, Mozarella Cheese and Cheddar cheese.
As for have run out of puff pastry, therefore I used the Popiah Skin. Overall is still not bad although I still prefer with puff pastry. I'm
Spinache Chicken Pie
- 4 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts or po pian skin
- 100ml milk
- 3 slices bread
- 300gram ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 pound chopped bacon
- 100g mince chicken
- 1/2 pound salami, chopped
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 400gram of spinach
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Mix milk with bread in a mixing bowl.
3. Place ricotta in a large mixing bowl and add 2 eggs one at a time while mixing on low speed. Stir in mozzarella, bacon, salami, minced chicken, spinach and prosciutto until all ingredients are well combined. Line 9 inch pans with pastry.
Spoon mixture into pan. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the pie. Dip 4 holes and crack an egg in each hole then cover with top pastry. Crimp edges and cut steam vents in tops. brush the pie with egg or milk.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until crust is golden brown. Cool on racks.