Old Fashioned Butter Cake
Recipe Source: Sonia
5 Egg Yolks
230g Cake Flour
1 tsp Double action baking powder
4 tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
5 Egg Whites
1. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla till light and creamy.
2. Add the eff yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold through the milk and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites till soft foam. Gradually add in sugarm and beat till soft peak.
4. Take one portion of the egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Slowly fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
6. Spoon the batter in a lightly grease pan.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180 degrees for 55 mins or till cooked.