Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blueberry Oreo Chiffon

I am a big fan of Blueberry and Oreo and when I came across this recipe from Rima, I told myself I have to give it a try. This combination was indeed very good and I love the taste of this soft and fluffy with bits of oreo and blueberry chiffon.




Recipe Source:  Rima

Ingredients

6 Egg Yolks
100g Blueberry Yogurt
150g Cake Flour
4g Baking Powder
100g Caster Sugar
3g Salt
100g Vegetable Oil - I used Corn Oil instead of Canola Oil


6 Egg whites
1g Cream of tar tar
100g sugar
50g Blueberry oreo - cut into tiny bits
enough blubeberry paste or purple colour  - I omit this.

Method

- Preheat oven 150 degrees
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar till pale in colour, add in yogurt and also oil
  Add in sifted flour, baking powder and also salt..
- Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk egg white with cream of tar tar till foamy, slowly add in sugar a little at a time    and whisk till soft peak.
- Scoop 1/3 white meringue and add to egg yolk mixture...fold in gently. Once combined, pour your        egg yolk mixture into meringue and continue to fold in gently and lightly. Once mixed, pour half of        your mixture into a 22 cm tube pan..sprinkle half of your oreo blueberry..pour ther rest of your            mixture and lastly throw in the rest of your oreo blueberry.
- Bake for 50 minutes..once baked..turn your chiffon pan and once it's cool..take it our of your pan.

 

2 comments:

ann low said...

Looks pretty and soft. I like the blueberry and oreo inside the chiffon cake, must be very yummy :)

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Oh, having 2 of your favourite ingredients in 1 recipe must be feeling very good lah~ I haven't baked chiffon for 2-3 weeks now, missing them~