Lovely spread of various fruits - rasphberries, blackberries, gooseberry & passionfruits.
Recipe Source: Donna Hay
150g passion fruit flesh
1. Place the passionfruit flesh, water, sugar and cornflour in small saucepan.
2. Cook over a low hear till sugar dissolve.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring occassionall,
4. Sieved, Cool and Chill
4 egg whits
220g castor sugar
2 tbsp corn flour sifted
2 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp vanila
1 cup of whipping cream
Fruits ( rasphberries, gooseberry, blackberry,mangoes)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
2. Whisk the egg white till stiff peak. Slowly add the sugar till the mixture is stiff and glossy.
3. Add the corn flour and vinegar and whisk till combined.
4. Shape the mixture into an 18cm round on a baking tray.
5. Reduced temp to 120 degrees and bake for 1 hour 20 mins.
6. Turn the oven off and leave it to cool completely in the oven.
7. Whisk the cream till soft peaks form.
8. Spread over the Pavlova, top with passionfruit sauce and fruits.
* You’ll know when the meringue is stiff and glossy because the mixture will have tripled in volume and stands up when the beaters are lifted.
* The low heat puffs up the meringue while the long cooking time dries it out to give you a lovely crisp shell.
* Store your pavlova, undressed, in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.