Recipe Source: Sonia
130g Hong Kong Flour
90g Golden Syrub
30g Cooking oil or Peanut Oil
40g Almongd, toasted and grind coarsely
40g Pistachio, toasted and grind coarsely.
40g Walnut, toasted and grind coarsely.
25g Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
25g Sunflower Seeds, toasted
20g Raisin, chopped into small pieces.
25g Cranberry, chopped into small pieces.
25g Winter Melon, chopped into small pieces
20g Chicken FLoss
60g Kor Fun ( Cooked Glutinuous flour) or adjust accordingly.
50g water or adjust accordingly.
20g sugar or adjust accordingly.
1/2 tsp Nam Yue ( I omitted this)
a pinch of chinese five-spice powder
Egg Wash - 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp milk (whisked and sieved)
1. Sift flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix syrub, peanut oil and alkaline water, slowly pour into flour.
3. Mix till form a soft dough.
4. Cover and rest for 1 hour.
5. Divide the dough according to the mooncake mould size to from the shape.
6. Mix the filling together.
7. Weigh and wrap with a piece of cling film and shape into a ball according to mould size.
8. Place the filling into the dough and press it firmly to form the shape.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 7 mins.
10. Remove mooncakes from oven and set aside to cool for a at least 15 mins.
11. Apply egg wash on the whole mooncake and bake at preheated oven at 170 degrees for 15-20 mins or till golden brown.
Wish everyone a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!!