Recipe Source: Jessie Cooking Moment
4 Egg Yolks
20g Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
50g Corn Oil
30g Lemon Juice
Zest of 1 Lemon
88g Cake Flour(Low Gluten Flour), sifted
12g Corn Flour, sifted
4 Egg Whites
75g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C, fan-baked.
2. Mix cake flour and corn flour in a bowl.
3. Beat yolks, sugar and salt with a hand whisk until slightly pale. Add oil, lemon juice,water and lemon zest. Stir well on each addition.
4. Add flour mixture in 3 separate rounds. Use a spatula to mix until smooth and no lumps.
5. Beat egg whites until frothy. Add sugar in 3 separate rounds and beat until just under stiff peaks and glossy-looked. It is ready when you turn the bowl upside down, the egg whites should stay without falling.
6. Give a gentle stir to the egg yolk mixture. Fold 1/3 of egg whites into the yolk mixture. Then, pour it into the rest of the egg whites. Fold until just combined.
7. Pour into the chiffon pan, lift & drop the pan gently to remove air bubbles.
8. Bake at lower middle level for 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
9. Invert immediately and let to cool down completely on a wire rack.