500g Semi Hard Butter
280g Condensed Milk
3 tsp Rum
150g Plain Flour
1 tsp Mixed Spice
20 Egg Yolks
2 tsp SP
10 Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tar tar
1. Preheat Oven to 200 degrees celcius. Warm up a 9 inches baking tins before greasing and lining
paper only at the bottom of the tin.
2. Cream butter, condensed milk and rum at maximum heat till creamy.
3. Add in the sifted flour and mixed spice. Mix well and set aside.
4. Whisk egg yolks, sugar and SP at maximum speed until thick and add in the butter mixture.
5. Whisk egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar at maxium speed until stiff.
6. Fold the egg white into the egg yolk mixture until the the two mixtures are well mixed.
7. Spread a small amount of batter abt 100g on the warmed baking tray and bake until golden brown.
8. Increased the oven temp. to 240 degrees celcius at top heat only to bake the second layer of cake
onwards. Continue baking the cake by the layers until the batter uses up.
This post is linked to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.