Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sugees Cookies

These cookies are my mum favourite. I baked these last year and my mum love it very much. This time am using another blogger recipe as I have lost the previous recipe I used and couldn't retrieve it. Luckily this recipe is more or less the same taste and texture.




Recipe Source: choochooheaven

Ingredients

450g Ghee
300g Castor Sugar (or substitute with 360g Icing Sugar)
1-1/4 tsp Sea Salt (do NOT omit this ... without salt, your cookies will taste flat)
3 ~ 4 Egg Yolk, lightly beaten
470g Top Flour / Superfine Flour
150g Ground Almond ( I used Semolina)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Almond Extract (optional) - omitted
1 tsp Baking Soda
200g Dried Fruits - omitted

Toppings: Silvered  Almond

Method
  1. Sift flour and baking soda. Add in Sembolina, Mix well
  2. Cream Ghee and sugar till light and fluffy
  3. Gradually add egg yolk and vanilla extract, almond extract. Mix well but don't overbeat.
  4. Fold in the dry ingredients from (2), mix well
  5. Roll dough in small balls and gently use a fork to press it, egg white glaze and sprinkle Silvered Almond.
  6. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 Celsius for 20 minutes or till the side of the cookies are golden brown.





I’m submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone
Jan & Feb 2015 Event Theme: My Homemade Cookies
organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom and co-hosted by Victoria Bakes

                                                                                 &

This post is also linked  to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House. 

                                                                                 &

                                                            

I'm linking this post to the
"Cook & Celebrate: CNY 2015" event organised by

Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids

12 comments:

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

Good morning Cecilia,
I can smell from far your fragrant Sugees Cookies. I like the crispiness of this cookie.

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Good morning Cecilia, I like the added crunchy of silver almond topping to these Sugees Cookies.

Victoria Bakes said...

I mean seriously, I hv never tried sugee cookies... I love to try your recipes someday really soon..

Thanks for sharing with best recipes

Fion said...

Must be full wth ghee fragrant..yum yum!!

Cecilia Yap said...

Hi AuntoyYoung... Is the crispness of this cookies that attract me too..

Cecilia Yap said...

Tks It has the nutty taste of the almond too.

Cecilia Yap said...

Hi babe...do give it a try.It has the crispness and nutty taste..

Cecilia Yap said...

Hi babe. ..it's yummy very fragrant, can also substitute with clarified butter..

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

wow, these are classic CNY cookies! Yum!

Cecilia Yap said...

Tks babe...

Zoe said...

Hi Cecelia,

You are so sweet baking these cookies for your mum. You must be mum's biggest darling! :D

Zoe

Baby Sumo said...

Your mum will be so happy that you made this for her! Thanks for linking with us.