4 large egg whites
70g Caster Sugar
230g Icing Sugar
120g Almond Ground
Food Coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Beat Egg white and caster sugar till stiff.
- Sift the Almond Ground and Icing Sugar.
- Fold into the egg white mixture.
- Mixture should be smooth and not runny.
- Do not over mix or else macarons will have no feet.
- Pipe onto trays lined with baking paper.
- Give the tray a rap and bake for 20 minutes.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
150g Chocolate Converture 70%
150g Dairy Cream
30g Unsalted Butter
Boil the cream and stir into the chocolate till melted and smooth texture.
Blend in the soft butter and keep at room temp.
Keep in fridge.
1/2 cup salted butter
2 cups of icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cream
Whip the butter, add in icing sugar one cup at a time, beating continuously.
Add lemon zest & lemon juice.
Lastly add in cream to thin it out.