Recipe Source: wendyinkk
For the filling
300g Pumpkin puree
1 tsp Cornstarch
Cook until thickens and use 2 tsp to form into litlle balls and place on a line tray.
Chill until time of use.
For the Bun
90g Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp instant yeast
150g Pau Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1. Combine sugar, pumpkin puree and yeast.
2. Combine pau flour, baking powder & butter. Mix to form crumbs.
3. Pour (1) into (2) and mix to form a dough.
4. Knead dough until it is smooth and no longer sticky.
5. Let dough proof in a warm place until double in size. Remember to cover it.
1. Punch down dough after it had doubled.
Knead it for 2 minutes and divid dough into 12 pieces.
2. Remove pumpkin filling from fridge.
3. With lightly floured hands, take one piece of dough and flatten it, making it thinner at the sides.
4. Place one pieced of filling, round side down onto flattened dough.
5. Wrap and seal bun.
6. Seam side down, make marks that resemble a pumpkin using a dinner knife. ( I skipped this step)
7. Let bun proof (covered) for 45 minutes and steam on high heat for 12 minutes.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN)
and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).
& co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.