Dough for Mee Hoon Kueh
500g All Purpose Flour
170g Pumpkin Puree
150ml Water ( can still add if not enough water)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp shallot oil
- Combine all the above ingredients and knead dough for about 5 to 10 minutes till dough is smooth and less sticky.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and set aside for 1 hour.
200g Ikan Bilis, washed and cleaned
4 litres water
Fish Ball, Meat Balls, Crab Meat, Fish Cake
Chinese Spinach or Chye Sim
- Boil Ikan Bilis in water for about 45 minutes ( strain and set aside)
- Fry some shallots till fragrant, add the fish cake and fried for a few minutes.
- Add the Ikan Bilis water.
- Once boil, add the fish ball, meat ball, crab meat.
- Tear off flat pieces of Mee Hoon Kueh dough and drop it into the boiling soup.
- Add vegetables and allow to boil for a few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with ikan bilis and shallot.
- Serve hot.
Ikan Bilis ( toasted till golden brown)
Shallots (fried till crispy)
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN)
and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).
& co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.