Recipe Source: My Kitchen
120 g pumpkin (without peel), steamed and mashed
50 g vegetable oil
50 g milk
¼ tsp salt
6 egg yolks (± 130 g)
120 g super fine flour or cake flour
6 egg whites (± 240 g)
¼ tsp cream of tartar
120 g fine granulated sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat together egg yolks, oil, milk and salt till foamy. Then add in mashed pumpkin and fold in flour with a spatula till just blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites with medium speed till soft peak then add in cream of tartar and sugar in batches (3-4 times). Beat with high speed between each addition and continue to beat till stiff.
- Transfer one quarter of egg white into egg yolk batter, mix with spatula till combined. Fold in remaining egg white gradually.
- Transfer batter in chiffon pan and bake at 170°C for 35-40 minutes.
- Invert cake immediately and cool completely before removing from pan.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN)
and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).