Sunday, November 30, 2014

Japanese Condense Milk Wholemeal Bread

This is one of my favourite bread making and never failed me. Today I am using wholemeal flour as my friend gave some to me during our trial bake. Am using Poppy Seeds and Pistachio toppings, Therefore I am spoilt for choices for my breakfast. Love this wholemeal bread and is healthy too.






Recipe Source: winnie
Ingredients for bread: 

200g wholemeal flour
15g condensed milk
120g milk
20g sugar
3g dry instant yeast
3g salt
20g butter

Condense Milk Sauce
20g condensed milk
20g butter

Egg Wash

1 egg (lightly beaten)

Toppings:
Poppy Seeds
Pistachio Nuts

Method:

- Mix all ingredients for bread in the mixing bowl (except butter)
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes , add butter and knead till smooth.

- Cover the dough till proof until double in size.
- Punch out the air in the dough.
- Flatten the dough to a rectangle size.
- Apply a layer of sauce on the flatten dough.
- Cut into four strips.
- Stack up the dough and cut into eight potion.
- Place the dough, straight side up in the lightly grease chiffon pan. 
- Let it proof to cover the whole chiffon pan.
- Brush the top of the dough with egg wash, sprinkle some Poppy Seeds or Pistachios.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 25 mins or till brown.





I‘m joining Best Recipes For Everyone November 2014 Event Theme:


2 comments:

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

Good morning Ceci,
wow! you bread looks nice.
I am sure it is tasty with those pistachio nuts, shall we exchange?

Cecilia Yap said...

Hi Aunty Young...let's exchange and we can have different flavours..