Recipe Source: Florence
4 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp rum (optional)
4 tbsp corn oil
95g Honey citron tea ( I used Yuzu Juice)
4 tbsp boiling water (omitted)
120g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
45g - 50g sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Cream egg yolks, sugar, salt and rum till creamy.
2. Add in the oil and mix well.
3. Add the Yuzu Juice to the yolk mixture and mix well.
4. Sieve in the flour and baking powder mixture and mix well.
5 Beat egg white until big bubbles formed. Sprinkle in cream of tartar and beat until it is white in colour. Add in 50g sugar 3 times (a little at a time) and beat until stiff perks formed.
6. Pour 1/2 egg white into flour mixture in (4) and blend well.
7. Pour flour mixture into the rest of the egg white and blend well.
8. Bake at 170 - 175C for 40 - 50 minutes or until cooked.
9. Invert the cooked cake during cooling process.