As this is still the Mango season, so practically every where is selling this fruits. This time I am using Thai Pomelo as I prefer the slight pinkist flesh. You can make a huge bowl of this with generous toppings of cubed mangoe and pomelo at home. It's simple, delicious and lower cost with better quality to make this at home.
Mango Sago Pomelo
Recipe source: thebakingbiatch
This recipe yields about 10 soup bowl portions
600g Mangoes (about 2 mangoes)
- Cut the mangoes into cubes.
- Blend together with 100ml water.
400ml Mango Juice
125ml Evaporated Milk
3 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp water
4-5 wedges of shredded pomelo ( I used the Thai Pomelo which had pinkish tinted flesh)
2 to 3 mangoes
- Mix well 1 tbsp corn flour & 1 tsp water.
- Boil the 250ml water & 3 tbsp sugar.
- Add the corn flour mixture and reduce heat to medium.
- Stirring constantly, allow starch solution to dissolve completely in liquid.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the Evaporated Milk, Mango Juice & Mango Puree.
- Add 2 to 3 cubes mangoes.
- Add the Sago & Shredded Pomelo.
- Serve chilled.
3 cups of water
80g Sago Pearls
- Boil 3 cups of water in a shallow wide pot.
- Add in Sago and bring to a boil.
- Allow sago to boil. Once it boils, remove from the heat and put on th lid.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, bring the sago to boil again.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once the sago has gone through the 2nd round of "resting", drain from hot water and rinse.
- Soak in tap/cold water for a few minutes and drained.