Ramen is a popular Japenese Noodle Soup. So during the weekend, I told my mum that I will cook Ramen for her. This is my first time cooking Ramen soup base from scratch. Though there is lot's of work in prepartion of the soup base to the braising of the pork belly, I enjoyed myself cooking in the kitchen and when I see the happy face of my family eating the bowl of piping hot Ramen, I felt so much appreciated.
Preparation of the Soup Base
Marinating of the Soft Boile Egg
Prepartion of the Braised Pork Belly
Soaking of Seaweed
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Sake
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup mirn
1 tbsp sugar
- Combine water, sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a bowl and whisk till sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a medium pot over high heat.
- Carefully put in the eggs and boil for 6 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl of ice cold water and carefully put the eggs in and let it soak for 6 minutes so as to prevent it from further cooking.
- Put eggs into bowl with marinate and leave it overnight in the fridge.
- When they are ready to serve, slice into halves and serve with ramen.