Karaage Chicken is a popular dish for appetizer. I kept munching the chicken while deep frying. My nephew and neices like the taste of this chicken too.
Miso Ramen with Karaage Chicken
450g chicken thigh
1/4 cup potato starch or corn starch
1/4 cup flour
1 inch ginger
8 cloves garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sake
1 tsp seasame oil
1 tsp sugar
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut each chicken thigh into pieces.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Grate the ginger and pound the garlic into paste.
- Combine the chicken and all the seasoning in the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let in marinate for about an hour.
- Combine the potato starch and flour and add to the chicken.
- Deep fried till golden brown.